Thursday, October 25, 2012

New

This image began as an idea of looking up towards the sky, towards the light of heaven where hope exists. In my exhausting search to find employment I sometimes have moments of hopelessness and I  look skyward wondering when my luck will change. When will the day come when I have income coming in to cover all of my basic necessities? On the positive side, at least I have plenty of time to focus on my art work and channel some of this energy into it.

My Process:
The above piece is just the preliminary stage of what is to come. I have an idea about the direction that I want to take it.. I had craft glue from a previous project and used it to adhere the drawn image on to the canvas. Some of the shadows are entirely unintentional and are a result of the glue soaking through the paper.
I am am going to incorporate text that will be eventually hidden by drips of oil paint starting at the top of the canvas and cascade down over the image. The drips will be thinned out with turpentine which will allow me to do multiple layers. Then I will go back into the negative space (the orange) and apply different colors to create the illusion of depth and space. The final layer will be my salt solution that i have used in previous work.
I think I have to go back to the drawing board and re work the image so it appears that she is in fact looking up towards the sky. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment